Have you ever wished you had a world made for you, where you could create your own adventures and play thousands of mini-games with your friends? In Roblox you can do all that and much more. Play now from Minigames and let your imagination run wild. You set the limit of what you can create.
Play Roblox and dive into this free MMOG (Massively Multiplayer Online Game) that is based on Minecraft style block construction. Create your own virtual world or explore the thousands of worlds created by other users. In them you can collect resources, build anything you can imagine, invent games from scratch, customise your character by creating aesthetic elements yourself or fight against other players.
What will I find in Roblox?
- Places: A place is the place where you play inside Roblox, and where you have total freedom to create whatever you want, even your own game using the Studio. You will have access to these places if you create an account. Visit other users' places to admire and play their creations and they can do the same with yours. If your place is successful and receives many visits, you will get achievements as a reward!
- Catalogue: The catalogue is the section where you can buy clothes and other personalization items with the game currency. These items can be sold by the game itself or by other users, and can be sponsored by your favorite brands. You can also create your own items and put them on sale in the catalogue. The items you can find in the Catalogue are divided into 8 categories:
- Library: The Library works in a similar way to the Catalogue. Players and developers can publish models, scripts, audios, stickers, meshes and other add-ons. Other users can get these items for free and place them in their inventory.
- Commands: Commands allow you to make moves that are not associated with a key while you are playing. To activate them you will have to type them in the chat and automatically your character will do the action, movement or animation selected. Try one of these:
- /e dance: to make your character dance
- /e wave: to make your character say hello
- /e point: to make your character point something
- /e cheer: to make your character jump with excitement
- /e laugh: to make your character laugh
- Studio: The Studio is the place where you can create the game of your dreams from scratch. It offers a range of tools accessible to different skill levels, from a beginner who is programming something for the first time with pre-written commands, to an experienced programmer. You can manipulate the terrain, enter complex scripts or game functions. And once you're done, you can publish it for other Roblox players to enjoy. If your game is successful you will receive many comments, likes, visits per day and you can even make others pay to play your game.
Who created Roblox?
It was created by David Baszucki and Erick Cassel in 2003 under the name GoBlocks and when it was officially released in Beta version, its name was changed to Dynablocks. In 2004, it finally became known as Roblox, an acronym for the words Robot and Blocks with an X at the end. The official launch was finally made in 2006 and since then, Roblox has been accumulating active users until reaching 100 million and its ecosystem continues to grow, reaching more than 1200 million hours played in a month.
Do you need to know anything else to dive in and create your own world of adventure in Roblox?